Monday, 18 June 2007

It's Myspace, but I'm claustrophobic !

Ah myspace. It's a world of its own isn't it?
I still can't quite work out what it's for. Well, I mean apart from getting drunk and looking up the girl Imogen from primary school that you thought was cute, out of the possibility that she's now an international supermodel and has fondly lusted after you all these years but hasn't found a way to contact you.... but of course that's not something I would do...

I think the best summary I can figure is that it's all about keeping in contact with people, when you don't necessarily want to see or speak to them in real life. It's like a "Hi how are you?" without obligation.

The thing about myspace though, is that privacy is out the door. It's like having an SMS convo that everyone can read. A phone conversation that everyone can hear. An attempt to pick up a hot chick in a bikini where everyone observes you being shut down.

Now I don't want to generalise too much, and I don't know if it's just me, but did everyone on the damn thing fail year 8 English or what?
It's almost to the point where you need an "English to Myspace" dictionary.
And I'm not talking about SMS abbreviations either...I mean basic grammatical skills.
Just for your reference, if you do fall into this category :

Your is not the same as you're.
They're, their and there are not interchangeable.
Brought doesn't mean bought.
To, too, two and tutu do not mean the same thing.
Gorjuz is not a word!

Honestly, if the people of myspace spent less time taking photos of themselves in various states of undress, in various serial killer poses, and studied the English language more, the world would be a better place.

Now let's all get back to what the internet was really made for... emailing around photos of the Hoff.






PS. www.myspace.com/encino_

PPS. Any spelling or grammatical errors in this post are clearly sabotage by the secret underground myspace mafia, and are of no fault of my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog brings me much joy...i have shared it with others.

Anonymous said...

Encino, you asked me to read your Blogs and I did. However I am sorry to say that I am one of those mypspace people that makes spelling mistakes. Not so much because I cant spell, more so because I try and type fast (or drunk) and get it wrong. And then when it asks you to proof read it before its posted I cant be bothered going back to correct my mistakes. Am I lazy?

ROLFEY

Anonymous said...

This one made me laugh out aloud! & I h8 ppl using ac*yms & shrt wrds as u do!